LESSONS FROM TORAH PARASHAH KORACH….
In Numbers 16-18, we see the following major THEMES (amongst others) in Relation to Korah, Dathan and Abiram plus other Israelites’ behaviour towards Moshe / Moses are observed:
1. Lack of / No Contentment with YAH’S Original Designs / Plans for us and institution of HIS Appointed leadership
2. Jealousy (against YAH’S instituted leadership)
3. Grumbling (against YAH’S instituted leadership)
4. Rebellion (against YAH’S instituted leadership)
5. Lack of Repentance /Hardening of hearts despite previous experiences with YAH
6. Desiring and attempting to Give OFFERING to YAH with a wrong spiritual heart condition (from YAH’S Point of View).
THE ABOVE DOES NOT IMPLY THAT WE SHOULD NOT PRAY AND ASK YAH TO REVEAL THE TRUTH ABOUT WHO WE FOLLOW AS OUR SHEPHERDS IN YAHUSHUA HA MASHIACH and the way forward…!
We are all human beings. We can derail at any time. We need YAH daily. We need to pray for our Leaders /Shepherds constantly as well as ourselves remembering:
Matthew 7:1-5 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
7 “Don’t judge, so that you won’t be judged. 2 For the way you judge others is how you will be judged — the measure with which you measure out will be used to measure to you. 3 Why do you see the splinter in your brother’s eye but not notice the log in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the splinter out of your eye,’ when you have the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite! First, take the log out of your own eye; then you will see clearly, so that you can remove the splinter from your brother’s eye!
Additionally, in relation to TITHING, it is in this TORAH PORTION that we come to an understanding or it comes to light that YAH established the issue of TITHING TO HIS TRUE MINISTERS / HIGH PRIESTS / PASTORS from our INCOMES!
In church, we constantly quote Malachi 3:9-10 not understanding the FOUNDATION of that SCRIPTURE being ROOTED within the TORAH / CHUMASH (TORAH means Instructions; CHUMASH means Five, thereby referring to the First Five Books of the HOLY BIBLE).
There’s so much to learn from this week’s TORAH PARASHAT (PORTION in Hebrew)…