Please understand that we don’t worship “Tammuz” in this Ministry!!!
That’s a name that was given to the month over time. It has nothing to do with us. In every day terms, we have to use the name as it is for now, until YAH ALmighty restores all things to HIS original design!
Click on the image for more information….
HEBREW/JEWISH MONTH OF “Tammuz”
Numbers 28:11-13 Tree of Life Version (TLV)
Rosh Chodesh: New Moon
11 “On the first of the month you are to present to Adonai a burnt offering of two young bulls, one ram, and seven flawless male lambs a year old, 12 with three tenths of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil as a grain offering with each bull, and two tenths of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil as a grain offering with the ram, 13 and with each lamb a tenth of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil for a grain offering, a burnt offering as a pleasing aroma, an offering by fire to Adonai.
It is June/July which means that the Hebrew Covenant Month of “Sivan” is over now. We are currently in the Month called “Tammuz” which is the FOURTH MONTH OF THE HEBREW CALENDAR when counting from the Hebrew month of NISAN / NISSAN – the TENTH MONTH OF THE HEBREW CALENDAR when counting from September / October time of the Hebrew month of TISHRI.
The name “Tammuz” is given to the fourth of the 12 months of the Jewish calendar. The month of Tammuz begins the “season” of the summer. The three months of this season are “Tammuz”, Av and Elul.
According to Jewish History, it was during the month Tammuz that the WALLS OF JERUSALEM WERE BREACHED BY THE ROMANS (in 69 C.E.). In the process of the destruction of the Jerusalem Walls, also the TEMPLE OF YAH was destroyed thereby leading to many Israelites going into EXILE.
YAH is our AV or ABBA (FATHER), and we are His children. And during galut (exile), we constitute a dysfunctional family. We have been expelled from our ABBA’S home, and our relationship is strained. This is certainly not the way the relationship should be—and this wasn’t always the case. There was a time when we were cuddled by our ABBA’S embrace. HIS love for us manifested itself in many forms, including:
- ABUNDANT BLESSINGS,
- A LAND FLOWING WITH MILK AND HONEY.
At the Centre Of Our Relationship was the Holy Temple YAH’S home, where HE literally dwelt among HIS people and where HIS PRESENCE was tangible.
All the suffering that has been our lot since the day the TEMPLE was destroyed is a result of our exiled state. This is why we mourn the destruction of the Temples. We believe with perfect FAITH and PRAY that the day is near when we will be returned to our ABBA’S home and once again feel HIS love. We look forward to a brighter future, when the world will finally reach the culmination of its purpose, and be infused with everlasting peace and goodness.
This is the Month of:
- WORSHIP – True Worship in Spirit and in Truth unto YAHUVEH ELOHIM alone!
- GUARD YOUR HEART AND YOUR EYES
- COVENANT ALIGNMENT
“Tammuz” – AVOIDING THE SNARE OF THE GOLDEN CALF
This is the Month of the “Tribe of REUBEN” and “The Golden Calf”
Choosing a CULTURE of COMFORT or QUICK GRATIFICATION with LONG TERM CONSEQUENCES!
Yet there is GRACE and REDEMPTION!
The Hebrew Months are very important Biblically! Every month is a different (Holy) Prophetic Season! Every month has a different meaning and purpose!
Knowing the month you are in helps you to fit within YAH’s timing!
In Biblical times, the Children of Israel had special celebrations at the beginning of each month, know as ROSH CHODESH, and NEW MOON CELEBRATION and FIRSTFRUITS CELEBRATION! They came together to praise YAH and given HIM their heart first, that is to say they gave YAH their FirstFruits Offering(s)! They listened to YAH’S Holy Prophets to gain direction for the month ahead! As they did that, they stayed in YAH’S timing hence prospering in every area of their lives. This is what we are meant to do in our Monthly FirstFruits Celebration!
There are some very significant things about this month.
This is a very important month in which we are reminded to stay faithful in our worship unto YAH ALmighty!
It is also a month in which to wait on YAH and trust HIM!
The month called “Tammuz” IS A MONTH WITH A SNARE!
If you are not careful to worship and see the LORD YAHUVEH this month, then you are in danger of making…. “A GOLDEN CALF!”
It was in this month that Israel made “a Golden Calf.”
Israel’s path through the wilderness was as follows:
- Left Egypt in the first month which is now known as Nisan/Abib by the Divine Deliverance of YAHUVEH ALmighty from bondage/slavery. The deliverance occurred on Pesach/Passover. They had been slaves to the harsh Egyptian taskmasters for over 400 years. They were redeemed by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB out of the hand of the enemy!
- Then in the second month which is now known as Iyyar/Iyar, YAH led them through the wilderness to the Sinai desert! Along the way, HE tested them to build their Faith! Israel was headed to the Promised Land (a very wonderful place) but the wilderness was not easy! The wilderness was hot, dry, barren and dangerous! Israel did not like the wilderness! But in every situation, YAH showed HIMSELF faithful hence they could trust HIM in every situation that came their way. At last, they made their camp at the base of Mount Sinai.
- Then in the third month, YAHUVEH came down at the top of Mount Sinai to meet them! YAHUVEH GOD spoke to them in an audible voice and gave them the TEN COMMANDMENTS! The Children of Israel were terrified! They felt as though they were going to die as a result of hearing YAHUVEH’S voice. They suggested that YAHUVEH spoke to them through Moses, HIS Servant/Prophet. So YAHUVEH called Moses up to the top of the Mountain. For 40 days, YAHUVEH taught Moses the TORAH, Teaching of YAH! YAHUVEH revealed to HIM what HE is like! But while Moses was having HIS “mountain-top-experience,” Israel was left alone in the wilderness! Remember that they did not like the wilderness! They were filled with fear! They didn’t like where they were! They were depending on Moses to lead them out but he was nowhere to be found for quite some time. They became hopeless! They wanted re-assurance! They did not like trusting in an invisible GOD! They wanted something tangible that they could look to for protection.
- So, in the fourth month which has been renamed “Tammuz,” Aaron (Moses’ older brother) built a Golden Calf and the people worshipped it.
The question is: Why would the Children of Israel do that after all they had seen YAH do for them along the way, for example, at the Sea of Reeds (a.k.a Red Sea), that is to say, seeing the Sea part and the Egyptian soldiers killed?
The problem was that they were afraid!
To them at the time, it didn’t matter what YAH had done for them in the past! They forgot all the wonderful promises which YAH had made to them for the future!
The wanted something that would give them COMFORT and SECURITY in the now!
So, they took their eyes off YAH’S Promises full of hope for them for the future and built an idol hence breaking the very first commandment!
It is so easy to do that when you feel insecure! It is easy to look for something to hold onto that isn’t YAH! “An Idol!”
Sadly, each individual on this earth can have a Golden Calf and including those who claim to be YAHUSHUA HA MASHIACH’S followers!
Interestingly, there is a Church in Rome, Italy dedicated to the worship of Mary and not YAHUSHUA HA MASHIACH. Over the altar in the church, there is an image of a golden calf right in the centre. Everything that YAHUVEH GOD spoke against particularly in the TEN COMMANDMENTS is exactly what the Roman Catholic Church practise.
Mankind has the privilege of praying directly to the GOD of the universe, HIS Name is YAHUVEH. Some call HIM, YAHWEH!
However, some individuals on this earth do not feel confident praying to an invisible GOD!
So they find something else to pray to when they nee COMFORT and SECURITY, for example, Mary who is in fact Ishatar/Semiramus (sun-worship)!
WHAT IS “A GOLDEN CALF” IN TODAY’S TERMS?
A Golden Calf can be anything you look up to for comfort and security instead or in place of YAHUVEH GOD Almighty, for example:
It can be
- Another Person
- Curved Image
- Your Car
- Your Own Talents and Abilities
- A Good Luck Charm that you carry around to help you feel secure, etc
Note that when you turn to anything other than YAH for your comfort and security, you’ve made “a golden calf,” which is summed up as “IDOLATRY!”
IDOLATRY ALWAYS BRINGS PROBLEMS!
IDOLATRY PUTS YOU UNDER A CURSE!
Deuteronomy 27:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 Cursed be the man that maketh any graven or molten image, an abomination unto the Lord, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and putteth it in a secret place. And all the people shall answer and say, Amen.
Deuteronomy 27:15 Names of God Bible (NOG)
15 “Whoever has a carved or metal statue, anything disgusting to Yahweh that was made by a craftsman, and sets it up in secret will be cursed.” Then all the people will say amen.
IDOLATRY ALWAYS LEAVES YOU IN BARRENNESS AND DESOLATION!
IDOLATRY CAUSES YAH’S PRESENCE TO LEAVE!
In the Book of Ezekiel, we see it recorded that the SHKINYINYAH GLORY OF YAHUVEH GOD ALMIGHTY (a.k.a DIVINE PRESENCE OF YAHUVEH) left the Temple of YAH because of the practise of idolatry amongst the Children of Israel.
Ezekiel 8:6 Tree of Life Version (TLV)
6 He said to me: “Son of man, do you see what they are doing, the great abominations that the house of Israel is committing here, that drives me far off from My own Sanctuary? But you will see even greater abominations.”
So, in the Month of Tammuz, we are reminded not to make a golden calf!
If there is anything that you are trusting in, instead of YAH for security, then you need to repent genuinely before YAH! You teshuva!
You have to forsake your sin and only look up to YAH ALmighty for security!
You don’t have to live under a curse!
Psalm 56:3-11 New King James Version (NKJV)
3 Whenever I am afraid,
I will trust in You.
4 In God (I will praise His word),
In God I have put my trust;
I will not fear.
What can flesh do to me?
You ought to allow yourself to trust wholly in YAHUVEH alone so HE can fill you security that lasts (not short-lived)!
Psalm 27 Names of God Bible (NOG)
1 Yahweh is my light and my salvation.
Who is there to fear?
Yahweh is my life’s fortress.
Who is there to be afraid of?
2 Evildoers closed in on me to tear me to pieces.
My opponents and enemies stumbled and fell.
3 Even though an army sets up camp against me,
my heart will not be afraid.
Even though a war breaks out against me,
I will still have confidence in the Lord.
4 I have asked one thing from Yahweh.
This I will seek:
to remain in Yahweh’s house all the days of my life
in order to gaze at Yahweh’s beauty
and to search for an answer in his temple.
5 He hides me in his shelter when there is trouble.
He keeps me hidden in his tent.
He sets me high on a rock.
6 Now my head will be raised above my enemies who surround me.
I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy in his tent.
I will sing and make music to praise Yahweh.
7 Hear, O Yahweh, when I cry aloud.
Have pity on me, and answer me.
8 When you said,
“Seek my face,”
my heart said to you,
“O Yahweh, I will seek your face.”[a]
9 Do not hide your face from me.
Do not angrily turn me away.
You have been my help.
Do not leave me!
Do not abandon me, O Elohim, my savior!
10 Even if my father and mother abandon me,
Yahweh will take care of me.
11 Teach me your way, O Yahweh.
Lead me on a level path
because I have enemies who spy on me.
12 Do not surrender me to the will of my opponents.
False witnesses have risen against me.
They breathe out violence.
13 I believe that I will see the goodness of Yahweh
in this world of the living.
14 Wait with hope for Yahweh.
Be strong, and let your heart be courageous.
Yes, wait with hope for Yahweh.
It is interesting to see that “Tammuz” is the month associated with the Tribe of Reuben!
“Reuben” was the name of one of the sons of Jacob/Israel and also one of the tribes of Israel.
Reuben had some BIG GOLDEN CALF issues.
As Reuben was the Jacob’s/Israel’s first born son, he was the oldest of the patriarchs. As the first born son, Reuben was born to a position of privilege.
Genesis 49:3-4 Names of God Bible (NOG)
3 “Reuben, you are my firstborn,
my strength, the very first son I had,
first in majesty and first in power.
4 You will no longer be first
because you were out of control like a flood
and you climbed into your father’s bed.
Then you dishonored it.
He climbed up on my couch.
As a first born, Reuben was meant to inherit a DOUBLE PORTION of his father’s estate. He was to be the:
- Leader of the Tribes
- Priest of the Family
Sadly, likely his Uncle Esau, Reuben lightly esteemed his birthright.
As a matter of fact, he acted so disgracefully that he forfeited his birthright!
Genesis 35:22 Tree of Life Version (TLV)
22 While Israel was living in that land, Reuben went and slept with his father’s concubine Bilhah, and Israel heard about it.
Now Jacob had twelve sons.
That incident changed the course of Reuben’s life. His birthright was lost!
- His double portion was taken away and given to Joseph.
- Leadership was taken away and given to Judah.
- Priesthood was taken away and given to Levi.
When Jacob/Israel blessed his other sons, he actually cursed Reuben. He said to Reuben that he would not excel.
Reuben had so much to lose, so,
Why did Reuben do it?
According to history, Jacob/Israel’s family had been through a traumatic period. They had fled from Laban who chased them down and would have killed Jacob/Israel if YAHUVEH had not intervened.
After escaping Laban, Jacob/Israel’s family then faced a confrontation with Jacob/Israel’s brother, Esau who had vowed to kill Jacob/Israel.
Then when they entered Canaan, Jacob/Israel’s daughter, Dinah was raped at Shechem after which two of her brothers massacred all the men of the city in retaliation. As a result, the Canaanites were enraged hence started a war with Jacobs/Israel’s family which lasted approximately a year according to the Book of Jasher.
At some point, the Jacob/Israel’s family fled Shechem during which time, Deborah who was Rebekah’s Nurse passed on and was buried at the “Oak of Weeping.” She had been travelling with Israel’s family. The Rachel went into labour and died at the birth of Benjamin. They journeyed on until they got to the Tower of Eder where they finally stopped.
The whole family had gone through a time of tremendous
…………………………..and they had to just keep moving on through all of it!
It was at this location that they began to process what they had just been through.
Reuben then defiled his father’s marital bed. Reuben at this point in time was not thinking of the blessings laid up for him in the future to come! He was not thinking of what he could lose. he just wanted COMFORT now! He was desperate for COMFORT and SECURITY which he sought in Bilhah.
Additionally, according to the Book of Jasher, Reuben was being spiteful. Reuben loved his mother Leah so very much and Zilpah her maid. he hated the fact that Jacob/Israel loved Leah and Bilhah, her maid so much more than Leah and Zilpah. When Rachel passed on, Jacob/Israel made Bilhah his wife and in fact moved her into Rachel’s tent. Reuben disliked that hence meddling with his father’s marital life. This had grave consequences for Reuben. Having defiled Bilhah, obviously, Israel’s heart was extremely broken because that was the main connection he had to his more beloved wife Rachel. It is most likely that Israel did not continue in marriage to Bilhah as desired. Reuben really messed up in a very bad way! See The Book of Jasher, Chapter 36 (http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/jasher/36.htm).
Reuben was meant to turn to YAH for comfort and security but rather he turned to Bilhah, his step-mother. Bilhah became his golden calf! This brought desolation unto Reuben’ life! The wonderful inheritance which YAH had for him was forfeited/lost. The sad thing is that his descendants followed in his footsteps. The Tribe of Reuben also lost their inheritance. As the people of Israel were about to enter the Promised Land, the Tribe of Reuben did something very unexpected! Remember that as they left Egypt, YAH gave them an incredible promise which said that HE would give them the Land of Canaan as their inheritance It is a rich land “flowing with milk and honey” where they could dwell safely and enjoy YAH’S blessings. All the years spent in the wilderness, Canaan was their goal!
The great tragedy of Moses’ life was that he was never able to enter the Promised Land. Due to the fact that Moses disobeyed YAHUVEH GOD, Moses would die on the East Side of the Jordan River and never set foot on the Land of Promise. YAH loved Moses so much that HE allowed him top see across the Jordan into the Promised Land from a high mountain.
This is what made what Reuben did so unbelievable!
As the Israelites were getting close to the Promised Land after 40 years in the wilderness…..they were attacked by two pagan war-loads named Sihon and Og.
Israel fought against Sihon and Og and conquered the land.
The Tribe of Reuben looked around at the territory of Sihon and Og and said they really loved that place so they were happy to inherit it. They were happy to stay there. The rest of the Children of Israel agreed. In this way, Reuben stayed on the East of the Jordan River outside of the Promised Land. Reuben rejected their inheritance in the Promised Land.
Reuben chose something else other than what YAH had in mind for them. As a result, Reuben faced a lot of constant trouble. They were attacked by their pagan neighbours. They were drawn into the idolatry of their neighbours. They were one of the first tribes to be taken into captivity!
Why did the Tribe of Reuben settle for a land that YAHUVEH GOD had not given to them or was not the Promised Land?
Well, it is the same reason that Israel made the Golden Calf. They had been in the wilderness for 40 years.
They were tired of being uncomfortable.
They wanted something to give them a sense of COMFORT and SECURITY now!
So the Land of Sihon and Og became a Golden Calf!
They chose immediate gratification instead of waiting for YAHUVEH GOD and YAHUVEH GOD’S best for them!
They missed the real blessing from YAHUVEH GOD ALmighty!
The Tribe of Reuben’s problem was that they had taken their focus off the PRIZE!
When you take your sight off your GOAL, you are DANGER/TROUBLE!
In this Month, learn from Reuben by not repeating what he did so that his fate does not become your fate!
YAHUVEH had a fantastic plan for Reuben but Reuben forfeited his future for a golden calf. YAH has a wonderful destiny for you also.
Jeremiah 29:11 Tree of Life Version (TLV)
11 For I know the plans that I have in mind for you,” declares Adonai, “plans for shalom and not calamity—to give you a future and a hope.
………….But a Golden Calf can cost you your inheritance!
IMMEDIATE GRATIFICATION WILL NOT TAKE YOU FAR IN LIFE!
In this life journey on earth (wilderness), you will constantly be faced with a battle between settling for immediate gratification and patiently and hopefully waiting on YAH Almighty to fulfil HIS ever faithful and wonderful promises to you! Which one do you choose?
DON’T BE SEDUCED BY WHAT FEELS GOOD NOW!
Don’t settle for a Golden Calf!
KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE!
1 Corinthians 9:24 Tree of Life Version (TLV)
24 Don’t you know that in a stadium the runners all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win!
RUN THE RACE IN SUCH A WAY THAT YOU MAY WIN!
Apostle Paul also gives the secret to WINNING which is:
1 Corinthians 9:25-27 Tree of Life Version (TLV)
25 Every competitor exercises self-control in all respects. They do it to receive a perishable crown, but we do it to receive an imperishable one. 26 So I run in this way—not aimlessly. So I box in this way—not beating the air. 27 Rather, I punish my body and bring it into submission, so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.
See that’s where Reuben failed.
He took his eyes off the prize and didn’t control his own passions!
Philippians 3:14-15 Names of God Bible (NOG)
14 I run straight toward the goal to win the prize that God’s heavenly call offers in Christ Yeshua.
15 Whoever has a mature faith should think this way. And if you think differently, God will show you how to think.
YOU HAVE A FUTURE AND HOPE AND YOU DON’T WANT TO GIVE IT UP!
Ask YAH to keep you pressing this month towards the prize!
Seek YAH ALmighty and avoid the snare of the golden calf!
KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE AND WIN!
AV/ABBA YAHUVEH ALmighty, we thank you and praise you for the gift of life and good health and the fact that you want us to understand the times we are living in particularly on a monthly basis. You do not want us to fall into the snares that are out there. You want us to press through, to enter through the door this month, into the fullness of your blessings and promises, into the complete experience of our inheritance, in YAHUSHUA HA MASHIACH’S Name, AMEN!
Holidays in Tammuz
17 Tammuz – Seventeenth of Tammuz – (Fast Day)
- 17 Tammuz is a fast day from 1 hour before sunrise to sundown in remembrance of Jerusalem’s walls being breached. 17 Tammuz is the beginning of The Three Weeks, in which Jews follow similar customs as the ones followed during the Omerfrom the day following Passover until the culmination of the mourning for the death of the students of Rabbi Akiva (the thirty-third day of the Omer – such as refraining from marriage and haircuts. The Three Weeks culminate with Tisha Be-Av (9th of Av).
- Ashkenazi communities refrain from wine and meat from the beginning of the month of Av, while Sefardi communities only do so from the second day of the month. The mourning continues until noon on the 10th of Av, the date on which the Second Temple’s destruction was complete.
Jabotinsky Day – Jabotinsky Day 29 of Tammuz
Tammuz in Jewish history
- 3 Tammuz (circa 1272 BCE) – Joshua stops the sun (Joshua 10:1-15)
- 3 Tammuz (1994 CE) – Death of Lubavitcher Rebbe Menachem Mendel Schneerson.
- 4 Tammuz (1171 CE) – Death of Rabbeinu Tam
- 4 Tammuz (1286 CE) – Maharam imprisoned
- 5 Tammuz (circa 592 BCE) – Ezekiel receives his “Chariot” vision (Ezekiel 1:4-26)
- 6 Tammuz (1976 CE) – Entebbe Rescue
- 9 Tammuz (circa 586 BCE) – Jerusalem walls breached by King Nebuchadnezzar, a date observed as a fast day until the second breaching of Jerusalem’s walls by the Romans on the 17th of Tammuz (70 CE)
- 15 Tammuz (1743 CE) – Death of Rabbi Chayim ben Attar (Ohr HaChayim)
- 17 Tammuz (circa 1312 BCE) – Golden Calf offered by the Jewish people, 40 days after the giving of the Torah at Har Sinai. This is the first of the 5 national tragedies mourned on this day.
- 17 Tammuz (circa 1312 BCE) – Smashing of the first Tablets by Moses.
- 17 Tammuz (circa 586 BCE) – The daily sacrifices in the Holy Temple were discontinued.
- 17 Tammuz (70 CE) – Walls of Jerusalem breached by the Roman army.
- 17 Tammuz The Roman general Apostomus burned the Torah and placed an idol in the Holy Temple.
- 21 Tammuz (1636 CE) – Death of the Kabbalist Baal Shem of Worms, grandson of Rabbi Joselman of Rosheim, and author of Michlal Yofi commentary on Ecclesiastes.
- 22 Tammuz (1792 CE) – Death of Rabbi Shlomo of Karlin
- 23 Tammuz (1570 CE) – Death of Rabbi Moshe Cordovero
- 28 Tammuz (1841 CE) – Death of Yismach Moshe
- 29 Tammuz (150 CE) – Death of Johanan HaSandlar
- 29 Tammuz (1105 CE) – Death of Rashi
- 29 Tammuz (1940 CE) – Death of Ze’ev Jabotinsky
- “Tammūz” (Arabic: ﺗﻤﻮﺯ), is also the name for the month of July in Iraq, the Levant and Turkey (“Temmuz” in Turkish).
- In Syriac it is ܬܡܘܙ.
- In Lebanon, Syria, and the Palestinian territories, the 2006 Lebanon War is generally known as حرب تموز Ḥarb Tammūz (i.e. the July War), following the Arab custom of naming the Arab-Israeli wars after months or years.