IT IS TIME TO BUILD A HOUSE/DWELLING PLACE FOR YAH/ELOHIM ON EARTH!
Think about what foundation you are going to use plus what is your own offering?
Shabbat TERMUAH is also called Shabbat SHEKALIM.
TORAH PORTION READING 19 / WEEK 19:
Terumah/Heave offering — תרומה
Exodus 25:1 – 27:19
- HAF-TORAH (either PROPHETS or WRITINGS) – PROPHETS:
1 Kings 5:26-6:13
- BRIT CHADASHAH (NEW COVENANT / NEW TESTAMENT) – GOSPEL:
THE HEART OF GIVING
It’s SHABBAT “TERUMAH/Heave Offering” (sun-down Friday 16th to sun-down Saturday 17th February 2018)!
This Sabbath is also called “SHEKALIM”. The reason for this is that it is one of The Four Special Shabbatot/Sabbaths in the year.
It’s all about bringing offerings unto YAHUVEH ELOHIM’S Priests so as to take care of the House/Work of YAH/ELOHIM.
In this day and age, adult Jewish men have the obligation to follow that tradition or custom as was done in the days of Moshe/Moses.
This TORAH Portion is about the start of building a suitable house for YAH on earth.
It gives us a chance to check our spiritual and physical bodies which meant to be today’s YAH’S Spiritual dwelling/residing place/house now.
The nineteenth reading from the Torah is named Terumah (תרומה). In Exodus 25:2, the LORD commanded Moses to “tell the sons of Israel to [take] a contribution for Me.” The word translated as “contribution” is terumah (תרומה), which is the name of this Torah portion. Terumah is a word with no real English equivalent. In the Torah, terumah refers to a certain type of offering dedicated to the Temple, like a tithe or firstfruits offering. In Exodus 25, the contribution is for the building of a holy place. This Torah reading is occupied with the instructions for the building of the Tabernacle and its furnishings.
- Exodus 25:1 | Offerings for the Tabernacle
- Exodus 25:10 | The Ark of the Covenant
- Exodus 25:23 | The Table for the Bread of the Presence
- Exodus 25:31 | The Lampstand
- Exodus 26:1 | The Tabernacle
- Exodus 26:15 | The Framework
- Exodus 26:31 | The Curtain
- Exodus 27:1 | The Altar of Burnt Offering
- Exodus 27:9 | The Court and Its Hangings
- 1Ki 5:1 | Preparations and Materials for the Temple
- 1Ki 6:1 | Solomon Builds the Temple