THE READING OF THE BOOK OF NUMBERS IS DRAWING TO A CLOSE –
This is our last week this year of reading the Book of Numbers as a WEEKLY TORAH PORTION.
This serves as a REMINDER of how close we are to the FEAST OF YOM TERUAH / DAY OF TRUMPETS / ROSH HA SHANAH / THE WORLD’S BIRTHDAY / also known as the JEWISH NEW YEAR (but not for Jews only)!
This Week’s Portion
Mattot/Massei | מטות/מסעי | “Tribes/Journeys “
- TORAH: Numbers 30:2-36:13, Numbers 33:1-36:13
- PROPHETS: Jeremiah 2:4-28, 3:4,4:1-2
- GOSPEL: Matthew 23:1-39/Matthew 24:1-25:46
- Numbers 30:1 | Vows Made by Women
- Numbers 31:1 | War against Midian
- Numbers 31:13 | Return from the War
- Numbers 31:25 | Disposition of Captives and Booty
- Numbers 32:1 | Conquest and Division of Transjordan
- Numbers 33:1 | The Stages of Israel’s Journey from Egypt
- Numbers 33:50 | Directions for the Conquest of Canaan
- Numbers 34:1 | The Boundaries of the Land
- Numbers 34:16 | Tribal Leaders
- Numbers 35:1 | Cities for the Levites
- Numbers 35:9 | Cities of Refuge
- Numbers 35:16 | Concerning Murder and Blood Revenge
- Numbers 36:1 | Marriage of Female Heirs
- Jer 2:4 | God Pleads with Israel to Repent
Summary and Lessons to be added in time for SHABBAT MATTOT MASSEI or just after the end of SHABBAT MATTOT MASSEI.