SHABBAT SHALOM / A PEACEFUL SABBATH!
The following is copied from with a few amendments such as the NAMES OF THE CREATOR: MessianicBible.com:
“These are the ordinances [mishpatim הַמִּשְׁפָּטִים] that you are to set before them.” (Exodus 21:1) In last week’s PORTION OF SCRIPTURE, Israel received the TEN COMMANDMENTS at Mount Sinai. This week, YAH gives SPECIFIC LEGISLATION —LAWS called mishpatim, which means JUDGMENTS. These are intended to guide the daily lives of HIS HOLY NATION in JUSTICE and RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Once We Were Slaves
“When you acquire a Jewish bondsman, for six years he shall work and in the seventh year he shall go free.” (Exodus 21:2) Since the Israelites had just been released from slavery, the first of YAH’S MISHPATIM deals with servants and slaves. According to the rabbis, the six years that a slave is obligated to work represent the 6,000 years that we will work to serve the LORD YAHUVEH. The seventh year of freedom represents the Messianic age—the thousand years when we will rule and reign from Jerusalem with MESSIAH, who will sit on the Throne of his earthly father David. Several verses later in this passage, the painful experiences of the Israelites in Egypt are highlighted again, this time to elicit empathy for the foreigner. YAH commands the Israelites that foreigners be treated with kindness and respect. “You shall neither mistreat a stranger nor oppress him, for you were strangers in the land of Mitzrayim/Egypt.” (Exodus 22:21)
In total, Parasha Mishpatim contains 53 mitzvot (commands) 23 imperative commandments and 30 prohibitions. This series of LAWS, also called “The COVENANT CODE ” by some BIBLE scholars, specify penalties for various violent crimes such as murder, kidnapping, and assault. Pre-meditated murder, kidnapping, and striking or even cursing a parent all carry the death penalty. “And he who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death.” (Exodus 21:17) Laws were also given regarding how to make reparation for assault and injuries caused by animals, as well as damage to crops or livestock. They prohibit seduction of virgins, the practice of sorcery, bestiality, idolatry, and mistreating the disadvantaged of society. Infractions of these laws often carry the severest of penalties—death by stoning—since YAH wanted to keep peace and order within the camp. But it is more than that. YAH has genuine concern for justice and the well-being of the individual. For instance, if a widow or fatherless child is to cry out to YAH because of someone’s ill treatment of them, YAH promises He will pour out His fierce wrath upon their oppressor and kill them so that their wives would be widows and their children fatherless (Exodus 22:22–24).
Remember the SABBATH and the APPOINTED TIMES This week’s Parasha also reveals THE LAW OF THE SABBATH, which is more than a SABBATH REST every SEVENTH DAY. Every SEVEN YEARS, the land is to enjoy a SABBATH rest called the SHEMITAH. Israel is currently in a seventh year of letting the land lie fallow that started last Fall in September 2021 and will end in September 2022 (Jewish year 5782). “Six years you shall sow your land and gather in its produce, but the SEVENTH YEAR you shall let it rest and lie fallow, that the poor of your people may eat; and what they leave, the beasts of the field may eat.” (Exodus 23:10–11)As well, the three pilgrimage FESTIVALS are mentioned as a time when all adult JEWISH males are to appear before the LORD YAHUVEH: PESACH (PASSOVER), SHAVUOT (PENTECOST), and SUKKOT (FEAST OF TABERNACLES). “Three times in the year all your males shall appear before THE LORD YAHUVEH.” (Exodus 23:17)
In this Parasha, Moses reads before all the people the BOOK OF THE COVENANT that YAH has given Israel. After the people commit to keeping YAH’S LAW, Moses sprinkles blood upon the altar and on the people as well, since all COVENANTS are formally ratified and are usually sealed with blood. “Then he took THE BOOK OF THE COVENANT and read in the hearing of the people. And they said, ‘All that the LORD YAHUVEH has said we will do, and be obedient.’ And Moses took the blood, sprinkled it on the people, and said, ‘This is the blood of the covenant which the LORD YAHUVEH has made with you according to all these words.’” (Exodus 24:7–8) Likewise, the NEW COVENANT was sealed with the blood of MESSIAH, YAHUSHUA, the LAMB OF YAH. At the PASSOVER meal with HIS disciples, YAHUSHUA held up THE CUP OF REDEMPTION and said, “This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in MY BLOOD.” (Luke 22:20) The most righteous of all men, YAHUSHUA HA MASHIACH, became THE FINAL ATONEMENT for all generations who accept HIS SACRIFICE on their behalf. “I, the LORD YAHUVEH, have called you in RIGHTEOUSNESS; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be A COVENANT for the people and A LIGHT for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.” (Isaiah 42:6–7)
Haftarah (Prophetic Reading) for MishpatimHaftarah Mishpatim opens with a covenant that King Zedekiah (last king of the First Temple time) and the people of Jerusalem made with each other before God in His holy Temple.
In that covenant, they agreed to free the HEBREW slaves who had been held longer than the prescribed term of six years. Sadly, it seems the people tried to manipulate YAH by freeing their slaves as YAH commanded so that He would turn back siege forces coming against Jerusalem. Once those siege forces turned back, the people broke the covenant by forcing the freed men and women back into slavery. YAH reminds them of the seriousness of this covenant with each other by including in Jeremiah’s prophecy their act of walking between two halves of a slaughtered animal. Why such a gory scene? COVENANTS are not to be taken lightly. As COVENANT parties walked through these bloodied carcasses, they saw the punishment to themselves of violating the covenant they made—they would also be cut in two, metaphorically if not literally.
In this Haftarah, YAH chastised the people for violating the covenant they made. They also violated the LAW YAH gave their ancestors when they left Egypt — to free slaves after six years of work. As a result, YAH promised to release famine, pestilence, and the sword over the city — to bring Babylon against Jerusalem, which occurred under Zedekiah’s watch. Jeremiah 34:8–16, therefore, is a judgment prophecy against the re-enslavement of Judean slaves and the breaking of COVENANT. Still, today, we cannot make a COVENANT with YAH in order to get a particular result (in this case, the safety of Jerusalem), and then renege on our agreement once we get what we want. Just as YAH had HIS EYE on the COVENANT made with Zedekiah, He has HIS EYE on THE COVENANTS and promises that we make with Him and with one another. Moreover, we cannot expect to treat people as less worthy than ourselves — to take away their inalienable rights or take advantage of their time, talents, or labor — and expect YAH’S BLESSINGS. YAH is not like that; HE is A COVENANT KEEPING GOD and HE wants us to be just as FAITHFUL. “If I have not made My covenant with day and night and established THE LAWS OF HEAVEN and earth, then I will reject the descendants of Jacob and David MY servant and will not choose one of his sons to rule over the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. For I will restore their fortunes and have compassion on them.” (Jeremiah 33:25–26)
Many have falsely said that YAH is finished with HIS CHOSEN PEOPLE; however, BIBLE PROPHECY clearly states that this will never be so. In fact, in these Last Days, YAH is moving among HIS people to physically and spiritually restore them.
SOURCE: Copyright © 2022 MessianicBible.com
Articles cannot be copied without permission
This is also:
Click on either one of the following first two links for more information on SHABBAT MEVARCHIM a.k.a MEVORCHIM which comes about every month:
2. Shabbat “MEVARCHIM (a.k.a MEVORCHIM)”
3. Friday 28th January 2022 / SHEVAT 26: HAPPY PREPARATION DAY [sun-set Thursday To sun-set Friday Weekly] FOR THE CREATOR, YAH’S SABBATH: SHABBAT MISHPATIM/LAWS [sun-set Friday 28th to sun-set Saturday 29th January 2022] – DIGGING DEEPER INTO YAH’S COMMANDMENTS a.k.a TORAH/LAW!
*sun-set Friday 28th to sun-set Saturday 29th January 2022 / SHEVAT 27*
SHABBAT SHALOM Brethren in YAHUSHUA HA MASHIACH [a.k.a JESUS CHRIST; Not Yeshua! ; Not YeshaYAHU!!!].
*This is is also called SHABBAT MEVARCHIM as it precedes ROSH CHODESH / HEAD OF THE MONTH!*
This 11th month: SHEVAT – January is ending and the 12th Part 1, ADAR I *(this is a leap year)* will commence on Monday 31-01-2022 evening… More information to come this weekend…m
SHABBAT SHALOM/ A PEACEFUL SABBATH!
1. Elon Musk: Accepted SALVATION??? 🤨🤔 1. CAN A Fallen Angel a.k.a demon a.k.a alien really accept YAH’S SALVATION [YAHUSHUA HA MASHIACH] BY GIVING THEIR LIVES TO YAHUSHUA HA MASHIACH as per John 3:16; 1 John 1:9; Isaiah 1:18; etc???2. IS YAH’S SALVATION FOR Angels or for humans ONLY? 3. THE BELOVED NAME, JESUS CHRIST and all its various translations including Y-E-S-H-U-A! 4. THE IMPORTANCE OF LEARNING THE ORIGINAL NAME OF THE MESSIAH/SAVIOUR, YAHUSHUA HA MASHIACH! Saturday 29th January 2022 / SHEVAT 27
2. Prophecy: THE MAIN AND FAVOURITE NUMBERS OF the devil a.k.a ha satan (formerly Azazel and now Lucifer, Heylel) and his only begotten son a.k.a the BIBLICAL Anti-Messiah a.k.a Anti-Christ, Barack Hussein Obama [Revelation 13:11:18; 17:10-11; Luke 10:18; etc] – 4, 6 and 8! Friday 28th January 2022 / SHEVAT 26
3. THE APOCALYPSE OF ELIJAH [Lost Book of the BIBLE a.k.a APOCRYPHA]
4. The Fall Of ha satan and the other fallen angels a.k.a demons a.k.a aliens a.k.a Unclean Spirits [Isaiah 14:12-14; Revelation 12:3-4, 7-10; Luke 10:18; Ezekiel 28:15]! 2. HOW MANY HOLY Angels FELL ALONG WITH ha satan [Revelation 12:3; The Gospel Of Bartholomew; etc]? 3. the 200 WATCHERS [The Book of Jude; The Book of Enoch; The Book of GIANTS; The Legends of The Jews; etc] 4. SPIRITUAL WARFARE: THE IMPORTANCE OF KNOWING THE NAMES OF demons a.k.a fallen angels a.k.a aliens WHEN FIGHTING AGAINST them and their evil influence on us, HUMANS [Luke 8:30-32; etc]! 5. WHAT IS THE NAME OF MANKIND’S Adversary? IS IT Really satan? [Leviticus 16 ] Saturday 29th January 2022 / SHEVAT 26
6. ha satan a.k.a the devil a.k.a the adversary is a means of TRYING AND TESTING THE CREATOR, YAH’S CREATION [James 4:4,7; Ephesians 2:5-7; 1 Peter 1:7-9; James 1:2-6; Genesis 22; 1:7-12; Hebrews 11; Revelation 1:16, 20; 6:12-14; 12:11; etc]! 2. THE CREATOR, YAH SHADDAI Remains In CONTROL Always [Psalm 46; Isaiah 55:8-9; etc]! 3. UNDERSTANDING STARS IN RELATION TO ANGELS AND HUMAN BEINGS [Revelation 1:16, 20; 12:1-2; Isaiah 14:12; etc]! 4. THE VESSELS OF GLORY AND VESSELS OF DESTRUCTION – PREDESTINATION [Jeremiah 18; Romans 8:29; 9:21-23; Philippians 4:3; Psalm 69:28; Revelation 3:5; 13:8; 17:8; 20:12, 15]! Sunday 30th January 2022 / SHEVAT 28
7. UNDERSTANDING THE FACT THAT HOLY and Fallen Angels a.k.a Princes a.k.a kings ARE ASSIGNED TO TERRITORIES ON EARTH 🌎! [The Legends of the Jews; Genesis 6, 11; Daniel 10:13; Book of Revelation] Monday 31st January 2022 / SHEVAT 29
8. The Accuser of the Brethren [Zechariah 3; Revelation 12:10; Jude 9]! 1. YAH SHADDAI hates it when we make accusations of other Brethren [Colossians 5:5-7; Matthew 7:3-5; Galatians 6:1-2; etc]! 2. JUDGEMENT DAY [Revelation 20:11-15; Isaiah 13]! 3. YAH’S TORAH/LAW [Matthew 5:17-20; Joshua 1:8; Psalm 1; 119; 92; etc]! 4. WHY DOES THE HOLY BIBLE say “Brethren [brothers and sisters]” and not all humans? Remember that it is Apostle John The Bekoved Writing! – Monday 31st January 2022 / SHEVAT 29
9. WHY OFFICIALLY SWITCH THE Evil/Wicked 5TH GENERATION (5G) NETWORK ON DURING THE 11TH MONTH a.k.a SEASON OF THE YEAR, Shevat – January??? [John 10:10; 1 Peter 5:8; Revelation 12:9-11] – Tuesday 1st February 2022 / SHEVAT 30